RAPID National Programme 2017
A national allocation of €2 million has been announced by Michael Ring TD for the RAPID National Programme. Each Local Authority has been allocated €64,500. It will fund capital projects that will improve the quality of life for residents in disadvantaged areas and tackles social exclusion in urban areas or provincial towns only.
Applications are now invited for funding under this scheme;
- The Programme will include capital funding for projects falling under the strategic themes of Living and Well Being (C1) and Inclusion (C4) as stated in Leitrim’s Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP).
- The programme operates alongside other schemes and programmes e.g Community Facilities Scheme, SICAP & Clár already in place in communities.
- Projects aimed at improving the quality of life for residents in disadvantaged urban areas. Urban Areas are defined as Carrick on Shannon, Manorhamilton, Ballinamore, Kinlough, Drumshanbo, Mohill and Dromahair.
- Examples of projects include CCTV, Community Gardens, Public Realm improvements, Streetscaping, Youth facilities and play/recreation spaces, energy efficiency type projects and projects in support of Creative Ireland
- A minimum of € 7000 and a maximum of €15,000 will be approved for each project.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban areas
- Not for Profit Organisations
- Government Departments, State Agencies (in cases of leveraging funding)
Further details and Application Form are available below:
Tel: 071-9620005 Ext: 540/552 Email: email@example.com