|What is it about? Celebrate your Community!|
|Last September, the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Mr Michael Ring, TD, announced the launch of a National Community Event, to be held for the first time over the May Bank Holiday weekend, 2019. Local communities are asked to come up with ideas for events in their areas. Events could be centred round food, sport, the environment or health and culture.
The event is a celebration of the great spirit of community that exists across the country and an effort to help people who share communities to come together, get to know each other and deepen the sense of community in their area.
Events will take place over the May Bank Holiday weekend (4-6 May) 2019.
The success of this initiative lies in having local communities coming together to plan events that will work best for their area. This celebrations belongs to everyone. We don’t want to tell communities what they should do, events will be very much driven by communities.These could include themes around sport, history, baking, anything that will help neighbours to come together. It could be as simple as neighbours coming together for a cup of tea and a chat.
The event is a chance for people to foster a sense of helping each other by coming together, not just on that day, but all year round. It’s the chance for everyone to get know all members of their community, to reconnect with neighbours and have a celebration together that is open, inclusive and local.
|Who can apply?|
|· Applications are welcome from community and voluntary groups, organisations and residents’ committees within County Leitrim.
· You must have a bank/Credit union account and a tax number (Voluntary Bodies)
· You must be registered with County Leitrim Public Participation Network (PPN). To register your group please do so online at https://www.leitrimppn.ie/join-ppn/
|· We encourage Organisers to look within their community to see what resources /talents are available to help bring the whole community together and support the event. Leitrim LCDC will award small grants of typically €100-€300 per event, but up to €500 will be available.
· Funding cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol
· Leitrim LCDC is committed to equal funding distribution throughout the county.
· It is intended to have at least one Irish language event in the County
· Information from application form (such as contact person name, phone number) will be held on secure electronic file by Leitrim County Council
· If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or call 071 9620005 Ext 526/527
|How will applications be assessed?|
|· All applications will be individually assessed.
· Priority will be given to projects that reach out to those that are not already engaged in their communities; promoting accessibility; integration; social inclusion and environmental protection.
· Final decisions on all applications will be made by Leitrim Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
|Who can’t apply?|
|· Applications from individuals, commercial organisations and for-profit organisations.
· Applications from National Organisations.
· Applications from community organisations based outside County Leitrim
|How to Apply|
|· Guidelines and applications forms are available from Leitrim County Council on the Leitrim County Council website, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
· Make sure that you have read the guidelines carefully and that your project is eligible for funding.
· Tell us clearly what your event is about and how it will be a success.
· Answer all questions in the application form.
· Support is available from staff in the Economic Department, Leitrim County Council by calling 071 9620005 Ext 526/527 or by emailing email@example.com
· Submit completed application form/s (email or hard copy accepted) before Friday 22nd Marchat 4pm.
· Late applications will not be accepted
|How will I know if my group has been successful?|
|· Successful applicants will receive a Letter of Offer and a Post Event Report Form.
|If I am successful how do I draw down the Fund?|
|· Payment will only be made after the event has taken place.
· In order to receive the payment, the successful applicant must complete a short Post Event Report Form and provide evidence that the event has taken place (e.g. photographic evidence)
· Payment will only be made to community group and not to individual(s)
· Funding not claimed by the deadline will be cancelled.
|Acceptance of Grant Offer|
|· Successful applicants must sign and return the Letter of Offer.
· The contract depends on the applicant complying with any Tax Clearance procedures.
· Groups must keep proper records of expenditure to allow Leitrim LCDC/Leitrim County Council to carry out an audit of their activities
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Leitrim County Council
Aras an Chontae,
Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 22nd March 2019 at 4pm