Leitrim County Council is inviting applications for the Hedge Cutting Grant Scheme 2019. This
scheme encourages a joint approach with communities and groups of local residents and
landowners for the cutting of roadside hedges/trees along the Public Road Network which need
The general Terms & Conditions of this Scheme are as follows:-
-Leitrim County Council will provide a Grant of €75 per km of roadside hedge/overhanging
trees to be attended to along the Public Road Network.
-Minimum length of road network per application is 2 km.
– All Hedge Cutting must be carried out before the last day of February 2020
– Applications for this Scheme are now open and will be processed on receipt of Application
Forms. The Closing Date for Applications for this Grant Scheme is Friday 20th December,
– Each Applicant/Group will be required to nominate a contact person through whom all
correspondence will be channelled. Communities will undertake and organise the hedge
cutting works and pay for same. Communities must ensure that the Contractor engaged to
complete the hedge cutting works is appropriately insured and is compliant with Health &
Safety requirements and confirm same to Leitrim County Council.
Application Forms & Full details of the Terms & Conditions of this Hedge Cutting Grant
Scheme are available as follows:-
– Leitrim County Council Website – www.leitrimcoco.ie
– Roads Department, Leitrim County Council, Park Lane House, Carrick on Shannon
– Telephone No. 071 9620005 Ext. No. 606
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 20th December, 2019.