On 7th December 2020 Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD announced details of an additional €1.7 million provided by the Government to support community and voluntary groups deal with COVID-19.
The funding will be provided under the COVID-19 Emergency Fund and it brings to a total of €4.2 million allocation for this programme for that year.
Please note the following regarding this scheme:
- The Total Grant Aid that is allocated to Leitrim County Council is €40,025
- The Local Community Development Committee (LCDC), as primary funding decision makers, should decide on the successful applications for funding. They may consult with the Municipal District if they wish.
What projects are eligible for funding?
The fund will provide grants to community groups to assist them:
- adapt their services and operations to fit the new COVID-19 reality. Examples of measures supported could be adapting premises to allow for social distancing; offering on-line activities; providing social supports and friendly calls by phone etc.
- become more involved in the Government’s ‘Keep Well’ campaign. The grants are aimed at assisting participation in the campaign; in particular, with the three themes:
(1) staying connected, (2) switching off and being creative, (3) and minding your mood.
- The grants may also be provided to support groups (including those involved in the community call) with day to day running costs if needed.
Full amount, €40,025 be broken down as follows.
- 30% will be allocated to small grants up to €1,000 bringing the total amount to €12,007.50 (with €4,008.33 available for each municipal district).
- 70 % will be allocated to large grants up to €3,000 equating to a total amount of €28,017.50 (with €9,339.16 available for each municipal district).
We propose that applicants for funding under Round 1 may apply for funding to Round 2.
Grants are 100%, ie there is no need for match funding.
- Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 4pm on Thursday 25th February 2021, and
- Closing date for claims once works are completed is 4pm on Thursday 17th June 2021.