On the 17th of May 2017 the Minister for Social Protection announced a new call for proposals from organisations seeking funding under the Community Services Programme (CSP).
Your local SICAP Programme Implementer Leitrim Development Company have been asked to nominate one suitable applicant organisation from County Leitrim.
The call for proposals is targeted at CSP Strand 3 organisations type ONLY. These are social enterprises that deliver services that meet a need in the community, particularly disadvantaged communities, and who use the CSP funding contribution to employ staff from specific disadvantaged target groups, which include:
- The Long-term Unemployed;
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension or blind person’s pension;
- Travellers in receipt of jobseeker’s payments or OFP;
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers;
- People with convictions;
- People who are homeless;
- Immigrants.The standard rule in CSP is that people from the target groups must make up at least 70% of the CSP funded FTE positions (excluding the Manager’s position). This rule applies to all services funded under CSP regardless of whether they are categorised as Strand 1,2 or 3. What marks out Strand 3 type services from others in this regard is that employment creation and progression for members of the target group is as much a core objective as the delivery of the service in question.Leitrim Development Company will host an information session for interested organisations on Tuesday the 13th of June @ 7pm in their offices in Church Street, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim. Any organisation that wishes to be considered as the Leitrim Development Company nomination should attend this meeting. To book a place at the information session please contact Michael Bruen, Leitrim Development Company on 071 9641770 or email@example.comA copy of the Expression of Interest form and the relevant guidance notes are attached to this e-mail for your convenience.All completed Expression of Interest forms and accompanying documents must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3pm on Wednesday the 21st of June.